WHAT IS AMD?
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a chronic condition that causes central vision loss.
AMD affects millions of Americans:
- It's a leading cause of blindness in adults aged 60 and older
- It occurs when the macula—part of the retina that lets you see the color and fine detail—becomes damaged
- It's important to learn the symptoms of AMD now
- If you are experiencing symptoms of AMD, see an eye doctor right away
- Early detection is key to avoiding vision loss
Learn the symptoms so you know what to look for:
You may also notice changes in vision such as:
- Blind spot
If you notice any of these symptoms, you should see an eye doctor as soon as possible and get a retina eye exam. If you are diagnosed with wet AMD, it is important to see a Retina Specialist for treatment.